Our Core Values
Variance of Kind
- We believe that the Gospel story brings life and restoration to all people.
- We believe the Gospel story tells us that we are a beloved people.
- We also believe that personal stories of transformation have the power to inspire others to do mighty and powerful things.
- We will be a people of the Gospel story, who share and actively listen to other stories.
- We believe that all people are creative in their own right.
- We believe that new innovation awaits those who choose to create alongside others.
- We believe that a beloved community is the work of co-creation
- Because we believe this we will strive to be innovative by working alongside others, to dream new ideas, and to make those dreams a reality together.
Variance of Kind
- We value difference
- We believe that God created variance of kind to display God’s overall beauty and majesty.
- We also believe that difference has the power to highlight hidden worth and value in things by providing a perspective that is not possible otherwise.
- We believe the Beloved community is empowered by variance of kind.
- Because we believe this, we will seek out ways to connect to otherness, we will do this through reconciliation, storytelling, and community building.
- Because we believe that all people are a beloved people, we desire equity for all people.
- We recognize that we live in times of great need, and that there are many ways to be about the work of Justice.
- We will work towards justice by creating programs that reduce the education achievement gap, engage in acts of kindness, and develop programs that work towards multiculturalism.
E.P.I.C. Model of Ministry
- We will use best practices in education to co-create and build community.
- We will seek out ways to build upon multiple learning and intelligence styles.
- We believe that education is a tool that empower, inspires, and liberates.
- We will create ways for all people to participate on some level.
- We will seek out ways to connect people to each other .
- We will learn learn how to serve well and be served by each other.
- We will use pictures, symbols, and stories to teach, grow, and learn from each other.
- We will appropriately integrate cross-cultural norms into our way of life as a community.
- We will uplift, value and celebrate the variances of culture.